Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Year, Same Blog

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but to be fair we were preparing for a Mayan apocalypse. Actually, I was just preparing for finals (though some would argue it's the same thing).
This new year has brought with it some exciting opportunities (and it's only the second week of the semester!). I'm currently casting for a music video with my production company AbstraqtMedia (check us out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AbstraqtMedia) as well as working on various vfx/graphics projects.
I've started getting senior emails, which is both exhilarating and terrifying. In loo of this new label, I've started to edit my demo reels (for both camerawork and directing live productions), editing my resume and creating business cards. Even more interesting- I've started to test my abilities, especially in the realm of motion graphics/vfx. I like to research video tutorials and then see if I can accomplish the task, using the tutorial only when I'm stuck. This not only teaches me new effects, but also stretches me to think creatively about how to get from point A to the final render.
I think I enjoy this technique of learning because I love to problem-solve. I'd rather figure something out for myself then read the answer in a text book (except for math problems...please don't take away my calculator). This is why I'm excited for my Designing Solutions class. In case the title didn't give it away, the entire class is devising a strategy for a business to better integrate into the age of technology. I'm looking forward to this new semester and the many problems and solutions it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment